There will be a lot going on in Nottingham this year, so we will keep this calendar updated throughout the year, and add links to enable you to book places at events/activities as they are confirmed.
Currently, the following is being planned:
- The first ParkLives session of the year, which will be an ‘Introduction to Skateboarding’ taster session for children (ages 8+), families and adults, on Saturday the 14th April, at King Edward Park, from 11.00am to 1.00pm. Click here for the full programme of ParkLives sessions;
- Monthly ‘Girls Only’ skate nights at Flo indoor skatepark (with the next one in the calendar on April 14th, March, 5pm-7pm, free entry to all women and girls, all ages and abilities, with boards and helmets available to borrow);
- Thursday 19th April: An afternoon/evening of skate videos, ending with Spike Jonze’s 1991 ‘Video Days’ at the NTU Bonington Gallery. This is currently being planned and discussed with the Bonington Gallery, but could include local skate videos from the past & present, and the first of our activities to raise awareness and funding for Skate Palestine;
- Early May-August: x2 6 week courses of weekly free skate sessions funded by the Big Lottery, for beginners aged 8+, women and girls and other sessions to be confirmed. Dates to be confirmed and advertised very soon, with bookings via EventBrite;
- Tuesday the 29th of May to Friday 1st of June – our free skate photography course (14-24 year olds) funded by the Big Lottery, introduced with a talk from an industry expert, tutored by experienced skate photographers and taking place at the Photo Parlour, Nottingham;
- June-August – Forty Two shop’s monthly ‘Sunday Circuit’ will run at a different skatepark every month through the summer – details to be announced;
- Friday the 22nd-Monday 25th June – weekend for Skate Photography Exhibition following the skate photography course – a public exhibition at the Photo Parlour, funded by the Big Lottery, for the learners who participated in the skate photography course to exhibit their work alongside experienced local photographers; and
- Saturday 28th July, Open Day Jam at King Edward Park, including free lessons for all ages, demo and open comp for under 16s, male over 16s/sponsored and women and girls over 16 (and perhaps male & female veterans over 30….) with prizes and giveaways; and
- The weekend of August 18th-19th, the Nottingham Street Art Festival with the Surface Gallery, Sneinton Market, Montana shop and a range of others bringing the dopeness to Sneinton, with an exhibition, live painting, activities for the kids, a market and sound system, and skateboarding movable obstacles/art installations around Sneinton.
All the above are currently being finalised, and this page will be updated throughout the year. Other events in the pipeline include a Nottingham Skate Film festival at the end of the summer, a solo photography exhibition Tom Quigley is working on, and a jam to mark the closure of the old wooden park at Radcliffe-on-Trent prior to the opening of a new concrete park there in the autumn.